Care Free Medical & Dental Clinic provides unique opportunities to serve the tremendous need of underinsured residents of our community. Our clinic runs with minimal staff and maximum volunteer power! Might this be the right place for you?
How often must I vounteer?
It’s completely up to you. Volunteers commit any amount of time, including half or full days every week to once every few months. We have evening hours and daytime hours to fill.
What types of volunteers are needed?
Many types of volunteers are needed to help our clinic serve hundreds of patients every day. We need volunteers with medical and dental skills, clerical skills, professional office skills, and even those with expertise in fundraising and special events! Below are just some of our volunteer opportunities, but call if you have other skills that could be valuable to Care Free.
- Current or Retired Dentists
- Dental Hygienists
- Dental Assistants
- Practicing or Retired Physicians of any Specialty
- Nurses, PA’s, MA’s
- Students in Medical School
- Practicing or Retired Optometrists
- Optometry Assistants
Behavioral Health & Substance Abuse Specialists
- Psychiatrists or psychologists
- Behavioral Health specialists
- Substance Abuse specialists
- College student interns
Clerical & Office Volunteers
- Filing and organizing charts
- Enrollment of new patients
- Medical/dental record keeping
Fund Development, Special Event
- Public Relations Interns
- Dancing with the Local Stars Event Committee
- Fund Development Committee
How To Volunteer
Call to speak with a clinic admin
Medical Clinic 517.887.5922
Dental Clinic 517.272.5053
Optometry Clinic 517.272.4007
Behavioral Health Clinic 517.272.4007
To Donate 517.887.5982 #241
Reasons to Volunteer
- The local need for health and dental care for the uninsured is great.
- People who give to others feel better about their own abilities and self esteem.
- You’ll give hope to individuals without insurance and without access to compassionate care.
- You will develop local contacts who may be helpful to your future career.
- You will learn and develop additional skills and gain experience.
- It saves resources and improves the community.