Care Free Optometry
“With good vision a person can perform their job better, do better in school or in training programs, get on the right bus, and just enjoy life more.” Mitchell Dobrzelewski, OD, Optometry Clinic Director
Since the official opening of the Optometry Clinic at 3333 S. Pennsylvania in Lansing in 2008, Care Free’s Optometry Clinic has provided more than 1000 eye exams annually.
For three years prior to the clinic’s launch, local optometrists Leonard Silverman, OD, and Mitchell Dobrzelewski, OD, voluntarily saw Care Free patients who needed free eye care in their own private practices.
The friends continued to see an increase in patient referrals from the medical clinic and set out to open a clinic under Care Free. Timing being everything, Pablo Quiroga, MD, donated his medical office to Care Free upon retirement and the Optometry Clinic opened June 4, 2008 in the donated space. The Optometry Clinic is home to three well-furnished exam rooms and two diagnostic rooms with modern technology and a comfortable atmosphere. Everyone from infants to the elderly is seen with the same Care Free philosophy of quality, compassionate, and affordable care.
- Leonard Silverman O.D.
- Mitchell Dobrzelewski, O.D., DeWitt Optometry
- Jeffrey Koets, O.D., DeWitt Optometry
Additional volunteer optometrists and eye care professionals are urgently needed to expand patient hours and serve greater numbers of people in need.
Wednesday: 9:30 am to 4:00 pm | Some Fridays
Phone: (517) 272 4007
- Wellness vision exam
- Ocular health medical care for patients with diabetes, hypertension, connective tissue disorders, HIV, Hepatitis, neuroocular disorders, and high risk medication, evaluation.
- Treatment for glaucoma, urgent infections, cataracts, retinal disorders, and inflammatory disorders
- Injury to the eye
- Pre- and Post-operative care for patients referred to local surgeons
- Single vision glasses including frame: $30
- Bifocal vision glasses including frame: $45
- Straight Medicaid or any Managed Medicaid plan
- Ingham Health Plan
- Patients with referrals from Care Free, Cristo Rey, Ingham County Health Department, or Volunteers of America.
Call (517) 887 5922 for additional eligibility for those without insurance, the incarcerated or just released from prison, and migrant farm workers.